Certificate in Translation Studies
- Bilingual proficiency or remedial courses
- 60 credits or equivalent work experience
Core Courses (required for both certificates)
- SPT 3800 Foundations of Translation
- SPT 3812 Foundations of Interpreting
Core Courses plus
Required Program Courses (Choose five)
- SPT 4803 Legal Translation*
- SPT 4805 Translation in Communication Media
- SPT 4807 Business Translation
- SPT 4808 Technical Translation
- SPT 4809 Medical Translation
- SPT 4820 Computer-Assisted Translation
- SPT 4833 Advanced Medical Translation
- SPT 4941 Professional T/I Internship
GENERAL ELECTIVES (Choose two) — Each certificate also requires two (2) approved upper-level courses in related fields (Business, Social Sciences, Legal Studies, etc.). Credit for previous university work may apply.
*SPN 4802, SPT 4803, and SPT 4813 count towards both certificates.
*Program requirements and offerings may be modified in the future.