First time at FIU?
- If you are new to FIU and/or have not attended FIU in the past two terms, you must re-apply to the certificate(s) programs.
- You can find information regarding registration forms, fees, and schedules on the Web (onestop.fiu.edu/). In addition, please note that as a pre-requisite to registration, FIU requires all students to comply with the immunization policy regulations from the Florida Board of Governors regarding immunity of MMR, Hepatitis B, and Meningitis. If proper documentation is not provided, you will not be able to register and will continue to have an immunization hold on your account. Please Click here for more information.
- For tuition purposes, if you are a Florida resident, please make certain to provide copies of the following: Driver's License, Vehicle Registration, Voter Registration, Resident Alien Card, or other document showing your Florida address going back at least one year. Find more information at (http://onestop.fiu.edu/residency/index.html) or contact the Registrar's Office directly at (305) 348-2320.
- If applicable, complete the Non-Degree Seeking Student Application Form and submit directly to the Registrar's Office.
Admission to the T&I Program
If you decide to pursue a certificate, you should fill out a "Certificate Program Application"
(Please download application above).
To join the program, please send your completed Certificate Program Application, along with all your résumé and all college and university transcripts (they do not need to be official transcripts) to the Program Director.
Mail completed application together with an unofficial copy of your transcripts and a resume to: (Please do not email or fax applications).
Dr. Erik Camayd-Freixas
T&I Program Director, DM-499
Department of Modern Languages
Florida International University
Miami, FL 33199
Before you can be admitted to the T&I Program, you must:
- Be fully bilingual; and
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of college (60 credits) or equivalent work experience.
|Registrar's Office||(305) 348-2320|
|Financial Aid||(305) 348-7272|
|Admissions Office||(305) 348-2363|
|Modern Languages||(305) 348-2851|