who have a history of performing public service-oriented activities in their communities and who demonstrate a desire to continue their civic engagement in the future. There is no GPA or academic major requirement.
DEADLINE is April 16, 2012
- $2,500 4-year academic institution
- $5,000 graduate-level institution
In an effort to ensure the progress of scholarship recipients and encourage completion of the postsecondary program, each scholarship award is divided over the number of years required for graduation. (i.e. a $2,500 scholarship for a college freshman will be distributed in four equal installments of $625 a year). Students continue to receive annual disbursements as long as they maintain good academic standing. CHCI manages the disbursement of the scholarships; an annual check is sent directly to recipients.
- Full-time at FIU undergraduate or graduate/professional program
- Demonstrated financial need
- Consistent, active participation in public and/or community service activities
- U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency
Click the link below for more information.