● Listen and learn directly from the personal stories of organizers at the forefront of the fight for social justice on the ground in the Dominican Republic and Haiti. Gain a first-hand understanding of the bigger picture of human rights in the global economy through direct testimony from workers in the factories and fields, from garment-industry to Call Centers to agriculture in the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
● Share skills with rad student organizers from around the country who have won campaigns! If they can do it, you can do it! Lots of hands-on workshops, role plays, games, discussions, and campaign planning that will jump-start your organizing into the new semester. Build alliances with a network of amazing students from campuses across the country who are fighting for change, just like you!
● Have a whole lot of pure, simple, fun, with an amazing community of organizers in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Enjoy the fantastic music and dance scene, the natural beauty, hike, go to the beach, hang out with local families! Bachata, Merengue, Dembow! Cook delicious Dominican food with homestay families in Villa Altagracia!
● Meet the inspiring leaders of Alta Gracia, the first ever living-wage union-made factory producing college logo apparel. This article in The Nation and this fun video made by United Students Against Sweatshops share the history, or check out this short documentary film from past trip participants. Come see for yourself how more than a decade of student worker solidarity continues to transform the Free Trade Zone and community of Villa Altagracia.
● Stay connected! Plug in to networks that will drive this movement forward when you get home. Whether sharing ideas and advice to help each other out on calls post-trip or meeting up at regional conferences, we stay involved in the labor justice movement post-trip! Cost: $975 for all in-country necessities (food, lodging, interpretation, transportation). Airfare and health insurance not included
More details here in the Solidarity Immersion Info Packet!
Contact us at email@example.com !