Office: DM 488B
- Ph.D. University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, 2013
- M.A. Huazhong University of Science & Technology, Wuhan, China, 2002
- B.A. Central China Normal University, Wuhan, China, 1996
- Second Language Acquisition and Instructional Technology
- Applied Linguistics
- Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language
- Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language
Wang, S. (2019). Functional perspective of Chinese learners’ language use on social media. In X. Wen & X. Jiang (Eds.), Studies on Learning and Teaching Chinese as a Second Language (pp. 171-189). New York, NY: Routledge.
Wang, S. (2016). Functional perspective of Chinese learners’ language use on social media. In D. Xu, J. Da, S. Liu (Eds.), Proceedings of the 9th International Conference and Workshops on Technology and Chinese Language Teaching (TCLT9) in the 21st Century (pp.313-323). Macau SAR, China: University of Macau.
Wang, S., & Kim, D. (2014). Facebook-supported Wall activity in an intermediate-level Chinese language course: A case study. IALLT Journal, 44(1), 38-78.
Wang, S., & Vásquez, C. (2014). The effect of target language use in social media on intermediate-level Chinese language learners’ writing performance. CALICO Journal, 31(1), 1-25.
Zhang, Y., & Wang, S. (2014). Book review: “Leftover” women: The resurgence of gender inequality in China. China Information, 28(3), 415-416.
Wang, S., & Vásquez, C. (2012). Web 2.0 and second language learning: What does the research tell us? CALICO Journal, 29(3), 412-30.
- CHI 1130 Chinese I
- CHI 1131 Chinese II
- CHI 2200 Intermediate Chinese I
- CHI 2201 Intermediate Chinese II
- CHT 3502 Chinese Culture and Society
- ASN 3016 China Then and Now
- ASH 4404 History of China
- ASN 3410 Introduction to East Asia
- FOL 3930 Special Topics: Chinese Calligraphy