First time at FIU?
- If you are new to FIU and/or have not attended FIU in the past two terms, you must re-apply to the certificate(s) programs.
- You can find information regarding registration forms, fees, and schedules on the Web https://onestop.fiu.edu/. You can find information regarding registering, enrolling, adding, and dropping courses on the Web https://onestop.fiu.edu/classes/register-for-classes/. Keep in mind that Translation & Interpretation courses begin with the SPT prefix. In addition, please note that as a pre-requisite to registration, FIU requires all students to comply with the immunization policy regulations from the Florida Board of Governors regarding immunity of MMR, Hepatitis B, and Meningitis. If proper documentation is not provided, you will not be able to register and will continue to have an immunization hold on your account. Please Click here for more information.
- For tuition purposes, if you are a Florida resident, please make certain to provide copies of the following: Driver's License, Vehicle Registration, Voter Registration, Resident Alien Card, or other document showing your Florida address going back at least one year. Find more information at (http://onestop.fiu.edu/residency/index.html) or contact the Registrar's Office directly at (305) 348-2320.
- If applicable, complete the Non-Degree Seeking Student Application Form and submit directly to the Registrar's Office.
Before you can be admitted to the T&I Program, you must:
- Be fully bilingual; and
- Be a degree-seeking student at FIU or have a Bachelor’s degree from any accredited institution in the United States or abroad.
- Fill out an application form.
Students with a Bachelor’s degree, please fill out this form and send a copy of your unofficial transcript and a resume. Once you are admitted to the program, you should send official transcripts to OneStop. Modesto Maidique Campus (MMC): 1401 SW 108 Ave - SASC 126 Miami, FL 33199
Degree-seeking students, should fill out this form
Applications should be sent to gomezm@FiU or by mail to the following address:
T&I Program Director, DM484
Florida International University
Miami, FL 33199
|Registrar's Office||(305) 348-2320|
|Financial Aid||(305) 348-7272|
|Admissions Office||(305) 348-2363|
|Modern Languages||(305) 348-2851|