- To communicate with increased accuracy and fluency in a variety of topics and registers so that students can deliver formal presentations and write formal pieces.
- To develop and enhance writing competency in Spanish.
- To expand reading skills that allow students to read like writers and write like readers.
- To use and improve command of spelling and written accents in Spanish.
- To expand learners’ lexical repertoire in Spanish.
- To strengthen and expand learners’* use of grammatical structures*.
- To make connections with their own Hispanic culture and other Hispanic cultures.
- To engage students in collaborative learning both inside and outside of the class.
- Develop a critical awareness of the sociopolitical context of bilingualism in the U.S.